Saturday, September 22, 2007

My life with Warren

Warren and I met almost 6 years ago. At that time I never realized what an important role Warren would play in my life. Soon after we met I became ill and was hospitalized. Warren took time off from work to nurse me back to health. He advocated on my behalf and took total responsibility for my care. That is when it hit me what a wonderful and special person had been sent into my life. Soon I found myself falling deeply in love with this special man. Not long after; without discussion we started sharing our lives together. It wasn't too long before I realized what an impact Warren was in my life. He taught me so much about the vales he had. I didn't grow up in a household where all the family members sat at the dinner table together every evening. Warren showed me what a wonderful and fulfilling experience sitting at the dinning room table together every night for dinner as a family could be. And we were a family. Not long after that I found myself learning and sharing what special values Warren had. He had a way with him that brought out the best in people, and he did that for me. My life has been so enriched by being given the gift of sharing it with Warren. He gave everyone the gift of learning to be a better person just by having him in their life. Warren lived his life with such moral dignity, always showing what the gift of being so selfless was all about. He was the most loving and forgiving person I ever met, not to mention the most intelligent and articulate. The happiest years of my life have been the years I spent sharing my life with Warren. We may not have been wealthy, but our lives together was rich. Before Warren died he told me that he was happy and that was a gift that money can't buy. I met so many wonderful people through Warren and I thank you all for taking the time to say good by to this special man. What I will miss most about Warren is his tenderness in the way he handled our lives together and I will miss our wonderful conversations that I learned so much from.

So many people have thanked me for caring for Warren while he was ill. I want everyone to know that I cherished the opportunity and it was a pleasure and a blessing to care for someone who cared for me and loved me so much. I know that Warren is now free from the prison he was in of not being able to communicate with others. His sister June once told me that she felt Warren could handle the paralysis and compensate for that but not being able to communicate with others had to be unbearable for him. I could not agree more.

I have to believe that Warren is now in a special place for wonderful and gifted people and our loss is their gain.

To Warren, I want to tell you I love you I will always love you and I miss you so very much.

No comments: