Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Remembering les cravates

Les Cravates Du Mal

Just have to share.
Warren was the founder and curator of the "Ugly Tie Museum,"

-- Les Cravates Du Mal --

at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LesCravatesDuMal/

He was a voracious collector of ugly ties. I had gone with him several times as we prowled the vintage boutiques and thrift stores of Lambertville, NJ, Levittown, PA, and Brooklyn, NY.

I started my own collection of ugly ties, but my secret is I find them quite beautiful. I "would wear them," but I never have.

He was a connoisseur of ugly ties, and collected along the lines of several provenances.
I'm not saying he was a snob about it; we ARE talking "UGLY TIES" here.

I always thought: Provenance be damned, it is only a matter of "liking," and a thing of extraordinary worth and beauty can come from anywhere.

No comments: